Federal regulations require you to maintain accurate records! Failure to comply completely will result in extensive fines and possible loss of DOT numbers and operating authority.
“Even if you are doing everything right, if you can’t prove it the Feds will look on it as though you are not…” – Dave Goslee
Some examples of the records you must maintain:
- A complete Driver Qualification File (DQ File) for every driver in your operation. (Vehicle weight 10,001 & up). (S-391.51)
- Educational materials that explain alcohol misuse and controlled substance use along with company policies and procedures designed to meet these requirements. (S-382.601)
- You must maintain an Accident Register. (S-390.15)
- You must maintain 1 years worth of Roadside Inspections (Good & Bad)
- You must maintain 6 months of Driver Daily Logs or Time Records in the event you use 100 mile radius drivers or they work over a 12 hr day. (S-395.8)